Interested in helping Conservative Teachers of America grow? We would love to have your help. Below is the Why? and Areas of Focus for Conservative Teachers of America. Please let us know if there is any area that you would like to help with.
Education takes on many forms in America; private, home school, and public education. Conservatives exist in every form of education delivery. Conservative teachers often feel marginalized in the profession. Believing that they are in the minority or that they do not have a voice, they often remain silent and do not speak out. Conservative Teachers of America is a place for conservatives, both teachers and concerned citizens, to speak out on education related issues.
Areas of Focus:
- Give conservative teachers a voice.
- Publish articles from conservatives in education
- Encourage dialogue, think American Thinker for conservatives about education, not all conservatives are going to agree, but they can disagree respectfully. We are not the left.
- Encourage teachers to leave the NEA and AFT and join professional teacher organizations.
- Advocate for local control of schools
- Encourage opposition to Common Core State Standards
- Promote quality professional development in the classroom.
- Encourage conservatives to be informed on and involved with public education.
- Promote history education that demonstrates the truth about America, both good and bad.
- Review and promote good young adult literature.
- Promote freedom of conscience inside of our schools
You can join our discussion group over on Facebook. We would love for you to click Like as well on the side of the page.
We are on Twitter, @ConservTeachers. If you are a conservative teacher on Twitter, tweet with and add the hashtage #TCTOT to your profile page. TCTOT=Top Conservative Teachers on Twitter.
Please follow our editor, Andrew Palmer, on Twitter (@MOConservTchr).
Please contact us through email at email@example.com